Affiliate Marketing Networks
There are affiliate marketing networks that will rip you off. Follow these tips to pick from the Affiliate Marketing Networks.
We all hear and read horror stories about affiliate marketing networks. While some of these can negative reviews are obviously “sour grapes” or unreal expectations. Some of these stories are so repetitive that most internet marketis have heard them repeatedly. These stories are normally involving illegal programs or pyramid schemes. If these is no product being sold, and you are being paid for getting people to join, then you are most likely involves in an illegal pyramid scheme.
If you have to be told: stay away from these kings of disreputable programs. Start by looking for a company that offers quality products you would be proud to attach your name and your brand to.
Why should any internet marketer participate in any of the existing affiliate marketing networks? Even when you join an affiliate marketing networks you still have to fins brands and products within that network to promote. Some of the most popular networks are jvzoo, clickbank, sharesale, and of course, Amazon Affiliates. There are pluses and minuses to each of these networks, do your own research carefully.
Affiliate marketing networks have reportedly created millionaires [nobody I’ve met]. The upside is that these programs allow you to sell products without the headache of back office management or production of the product. You become a business owner, and the scale of your business is entirely up to you and your own efforts. Remember the golden rule of capitalism: hard work creates luck and pays off.
Simple tips on how to evaluate affiliate marketing networks:
1. Choose a affiliate marketing networks that you like and have interest in. There is no point in choosing a fashion network if you have no interest in fashion or clothing. Do you want to buy these products?
2. Look for an affiliate marketing networks program that has an established reputation. This doesn’t mean anything other than they have spent money on advertising and promotion and invested in an effort to get influencers to speak positively about their affiliate marketing networks.
3. Always choose an affiliate marketing networks that have a product or service. We cannot stress this enough- how does this company make its money? There has to be something real being sold in order to pay a legitimate commission. Think laterally: there is more money in Uber referrals than actually driving for Uber at 10$ per hour.
4. Obviously you are building for the future, so pick a product or affiliate marketing networks involved in growing market segments. Fashion is currently in decline, wordpress themes are oversaturated – but still growing, Uber and Lyft and other tech style affiliates are current in vogue.
5. Go for the high commissions. This generally rules out Amazon affiliates. Clickbank products offer 30-40% and Amazon offers 4-6% – make the most of your efforts and choose to get paid.
6. Be aware of the minimum quotas or other pre-requisites affiliate marketing networks before you get your commissions. The most basic qualifications are 100$ commissions to get a payout. Clickbank and JVzoo have policies to deduct from your commissions you are under payout threshold for more than one month: example: they owe you 60$ then in month 2 its suddenly 59$. This is common – so read the fine print.
7. Choose an affiliate marketing networks with tools you need. Everyone is a special unique snowflake and has different needs. Maybe you need banner ads, maybe you need a wordpress plugin, maybe you need a whole wordpress there, maybe you need widgets – they all have different tools, so pick the affiliate marketing networks that has the tools you need.
8. Choose the affiliate marketing networks that payout in the network you are attached to. Do they wire the money – then you need a checking account. Do they payout using Paypal – then paypal must be legal in your country. It is well known that Amazon pays out commissions most countries in Amazon gift cards- which is complete BS.
9. Be on the lookout for complaints about your affiliate marketing networks. Often when there is a policy and procedures change, it effects the largest commission producers long before it effects you. SO pay attention to the concerns of the top producers.
Good luck choosing your affiliate marketing networks.